Duality splits unity,
her with he, as he with her.
And after a period of scrutiny
I found that they always were.
Across the ether,
I discovered the teacher
through my birth.
Lessons taught come from synchronization.
Lessons learned arise from shatters.
The seed germinates through visualization,
to soon ascend with the masters.
A lot of times, I only share the “positive” pieces of a trip or experience:
- I finished a Vedic Meditation course in Boulder.
- I overcome a lot of emotional and mental challenges.
- I am privileged to take a road trip across the Southwest from Northern California to Colorado…oh, the sights!
- Pictures of beautiful people, places, and things
OMG my life is soooooooo wonderful.
But I rarely publicly share the challenging times to an adventure…
Just to name a few:
- Driving 30 + hours just to get to my destination HURTS me a lot.
- Physically, my spine is out of alignment, my eyes and face hurt from constantly focusing on the road, my shoulders and neck hurt from grabbing the steering wheel, my abdominal muscles are getting tight and knotted (that’s a thing?), and my hip flexors are outta whack from unevenly pumping on the gas, brake, and clutch.
- Mentally, I feel utterly exhausted yet addicted to the driving. I have a hard time stopping when “…I’m just 2 hours away from the next city.”
- It’s extremely cold to camp in Sierras in October. Especially without another human, a fluffy dog, and the legal ability to have a fire.
- Airbnb is great in theory, but you never know what kind of person is going to become your temporary roommate. Even then, some places are next door to a nightclub, and others might be more smokey than a college campus on 420.
- …and it’s expensive to spend $50+ a night for a hotel for a 1-2 week long road trip.
- Needing to get four new tires. Two of them could have blown out under me at any time. Then learning that I might need to get my car an alignment service.
- People can be mean and make me feel unsafe and gross.
This is a simple reminder that when I (or anyone) talks about an epic life and awesome adventures, it goes in both directions.
There are stories that I share with my journal and there are stories that I share with other people.
Though some things I will always keep within myself, I don’t want to portray a completely false representation of my life.