The internet is awesome but also saturated with greedy people fighting for your attention.
How can you protect your personal bubble?
I woke up yesterday morning to a notification that I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
(Where does this even come from?! Haha!)
Needless to say, it lit up my morning like a pot of gold in the sunshine. I barely thought that this website reached anyone…but what I have to write about had made a difference in at least one person’s life.
Thank you MrHushHush for the recognition 🙂 I’ve only been following your blog a little bit…but in this short time, I’ve been blown away by your literary mindfood and personal engagement with readers. Thank you, cyber acquaintance! Keep on creating! 🙂
Rules for Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
- I have only told 1 person in real life (lol) about this website. I’m a little terrified that I’ll be seen as a crazy idiot person if I open up to the wrong people…which I realize is completely inevitable haha!
- I’ve moved 18 times in the last 7 years. Each place I’ve lived in for at least a month. Gah college. YAY traveling.
- I have ALWAYS wanted to make a full-length documentary. Perhaps this little nugget is a fun start?
- I researched bioluminescent fungi when I was an undergraduate. Yes. Mushrooms that produce their own photons and GLOW.
- I’ve been taking aerial silks classes for about two years.
- Like most people on here probably, I am hella introverted.
- I’ve played ukulele since I was 16; I used to be in a two-lady band called Black Tarla Fang.
My Nominees / Blogs That Are Meaningful to Me
- Angela Fe – Angela is one of my guides on this spiritual path. She is also my Reiki teacher. She has been an incredible help with developing a shamanic practice, recognizing the ego, and loving the self. Thank you ❤
- Goddess Within You – I’m flooded with extremely sensual, intimate and feminine posts by you.
- Philotheoristic – According to Tumblr, you get 40% of my “love” haha! Amazing photography. Thanks for randomly wishing me a Happy Valentine’s day a while ago.
- Astrolocherry – I really enjoy the way you weave together storytelling and astrology ❤
- Raptitude – This is one of the very first blogs I started to follow. I enjoy how articulate, reflective, and honest you are. Also, the journey you share with your 30-day challenges is encouraging!
- MushroomVision – You are another blog that I have followed for years. Thanks for the grounded spiritual inspiration.
- SacredScribesAngelNumbers – This is (always) my go-to site regarding numerology. In the last 4 years I have been noticing numerical patterns around me. Here is where I go to help interpret that information.
- gldn47 – Ahhhh Magoots. AMAZING local photographer and visual artist. She makes unique mandala images from her own photos around the Southwest.
- String Theory Collection – Jaci makes the most badass geometric string art in the known universe. It’s mesmerizing, precise, and alien-like hehe there is nothing else in the world like it.
- Jenny Yates Astrology – She has a treasure chest of astrology-related gems across her site ranging from daily blurbs to in-depth aspect explanations. If I ever feel a little cosmic-y lost, I head over here to check out what’s going on in the stars.
- AerialBurd – Nikki is cosmic goddess that moves as gracefully as a hummingbird. Thanks for the support and mentorship ❤
*Not all of these are WordPress users…but it doesn’t mean you still don’t deserve recognition.
Some of these people I check in with multiple times a week to see what they are posting, others I might go months without stopping by. Each one of them stands out to me as being led by someone who is REAL. Some of you I’ve never even talked to (but have an internet crush on) and some I may have lost contact for now (you always have a home in my heart <3). You all mean something to me. Keep doing what you are doing.
Thanks for reading this far.
…opening the windows in a stuffy room.
…hitting a “Reset” button during the day.
…talking to a close friend or a therapist and blowing off some steam.
…lighting a deliciously smelling candle in a dark room.
…cuddling in bed after a long day.
…finishing a sudoku puzzle.
Yet, it transcends all these things…